Re: [IPk] Drink and bloods

I think the assumption that alcohol is carbohydrate free comes from the lab
analysis of pure alcohol (ethanol). Some drinks, such as Polish White
Spirit, as similar and others like Vodka are low. However, drinks like beer
and Cider certainly do have a CHO content.

My Collins book shows dry cider has 26 grams/litre, sweet has 43 and vintage
has 73. Beer is lower and generally 23 gms/l.

I start pressing the bolus button before I've quaffed the first half pint.

Cheers, Allan