RE: [IPk] Cider (was Drink and bloods)

> drinking 7 pints of beer and expecting normal bg's is much like
drinking 7 pints of Coke

Ack!  OK, I admit it, I can't drink seven pints of anything!!! Well maybe
except a nice sauvignon blanc.  I suppose English beer must be as sweet
as Coke, that's why the wasps buzz round the glasses outside pubs.

Seriously though - and alcohol aside - for me there comes a point where
even the pump and Humalog can't cope with big amounts of carbohydrates of
any type. For instance  I can just about cope with a risotto at, say, 80g
of carb, but put a pudding (or a beer) on top of that and my blood sugar
would be stupid no matter what else I did.  Does anyone else have
a "threshold" like that?