Re: [IPk] Drink and bloods

In message <email @ redacted>,
Clark, Robin 5 <email @ redacted> writes
>Has anyone got any help i went out on saturday evening and had 7 pints of
>lager which i gave 1/2 unit per pint and when i woke in the morning at
>approx 7.30am my blood was 14.5 can anyone give any suggestions on how to
>get a better blood results after drink?
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is a pattern.

I'd try a couple more sessions, with a bg monitor on the table by the
glass, and an alarm clock.

Because that 14.5 could be ... a hypo rebound (so you need less, not
more), steadily building all evening (so you need to alter the insulin-
to-beer ratio up a bit), or going up after you stop drinking (say
between 3am and 6am) (so you need to either try a dual wave bolus with
the last pint, or set 'drinking basal' pattern that you can switch to.
Or something else ... like a fluke!

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 4months +, experimenting with alcohol is one of my
favourite things)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)