Re: [IPk] Drink and Bloods

I drink both beer and red wine and both raise by BGs significantly. With
beer, I bolus before or during the first pint. If I wait longer my BG
rapidly increases  from 5 to 17 mmol/l.

I think this occurs because the carbohydrate content in beer rapidly
assimilates into the system whereas other carbohydrates, such as bread, take

With wine a similar condition occurs except the rise is lower, so I bolus
anyway if I'm eating or just enjoying a drink.

Allan, type 1 for 46 years, pumping for 2 months.