Re: [IPk] Insulin for pump use

Jackie
I was on Actrapid when I changed over to a pump and I insisted I kept it that
way to start with. I have also have very slow digestion and would go hypo if I
had something as quick as Humalog. I was just being wary of new insulins to
start with as I have been allergic in the past to other insulins especially
Lilly insulin. There is no reason not to use Actrapid to start with as long as
you remember to bolus in advance. Having said that I don't bolus in advance and
often spread the bolus over several hours to allow for my slow stomach
emptying.  Hope this a bit helpful
Moira

--
Dr. Moira Harrison
School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences