Re: [IPk] upcoming chat

    Glad to see you found the time to do a chat :).

"Quite some time ago I was asked whether I would host chats in the insulin pumpers UK chat room. I am finally getting around to it! Please join me in the chat room on Wednesday, 29 August at 8pm um, GMT? BST? The topic will be one of my favourites: FOOD, with a diabetes twist. I've a couple ideas for narrowing this down. Here's the list, and let me know what you would like to chat about: favourite recipes that are easy on the blood sugar; food and
exercise; managing protein and other slow acting meals; wine, whiskey and spirits; snacks; others' attitudes toward diabetics and food and how to deal with them; eating abroad.

Please suggest other topics if you have any ideas, and of course we can talk about more than one topic during the chat.

elizabeth "
I hope this will help some people who have not been to a IP chat before. Im sending copy of Chat 101

Chat 101 for Insulin- Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

>From Main page click on [ CHAT ] icon this will take to

Select a chat room by clicking on box

You will get a drop-down list of rooms {Most chats are in anytime room but if IP has a guest speaker, they are in the [Guest] room}. UK room is used by the UK membership for chat because of the difference in time but is open to anyone as is any room. Pick a room to chat in by clicking on it
Then click on the [ GO ] button

A [ ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD ] window will open
In the User name box put [ your e-mail address You join IP with ]
In the Password box put [ pumper ]

Once room you will need to click on box to type msgs and to post it,
click on the [ SEND/REFRESH ] box to send it. Many peoples like to change the refresh to 30secs and display number of msgs too.

Once in room say Hi!

If you have any problems ask the host or send note to [ HELP ] remember it can be fast paced at time so if you get over looked repost you msgs or ??? The Host will help but you need to ask for help. Please no flaming or PUMP WARS! Remember to BE NICE to one and another.

Once you need to go tell us Goodbye!

Some people don't like to talk a lot so they sit back and watch this is OK too . But try to chat you just may like it!! So..............