RE: [IPk] diet, blaming the nhs etc

I must question your advise on eating more or giving less insulin when
drinking I find the exact opposite.

Absolutely. But for most people alcohol will cause a drop in blood sugar at
some stage, particularly if you get falling down drunk and don't eat. And
truthfully, I would rather have someone go quite high from drinking and then
recover the next day (or few days) rather than have them convulsing in an
ambulance on the way to hospital. Of course, I'm also assuming the person
will test often enough to recognise that they're high some time after the
drinking bout.