Re: [IPk] DAFNE and tanning

Hello Beverley & everyone

I too learned all my "CHO"s 20+ years ago.  In fact I missed the bit
where people were not being taught to count due to... well, you could
call it hospital phobia or non compliance...luckily  it turned out I'd
somehow retained most of that information.

And yes I came back from visiting Mother in Law in Australia earlier this
year with a sort of beige, pink and milk bottle white Mondrian design on
my tum!  I wonder whether it's the adhesive residue or the ripping off of
skin cells leaving skin that's somehow not quite ready to tan?

The DAFNE article does look interesting, although I feel like John that
there's only so far you can go without the basal rate being tailor-made
to the individual.  What will the DAFNE teachers teach about cutting out
an evening snack and/or missing the breakfast shot with a dawn phenom I
wonder?  I've been summoned to see the dietician next week  (no idea why,
I didn't ask to see one and it wasn't discussed at my last appointment!)
but maybe (s)he will have something to say about it.  Either that or
it'll be about eating more oats and  kidney beans again.....

Take care all