No Subject

>Speaking of wine, I had 2.5 glasses two Saturdays ago, and
it seemed to push my blood sugar _up_ over the next 18 or so
hours. And by a lot - about 7 or 8 mmol. It was a red wine
that we always have at home. It was very strange. I can't
quite figure what happened, but I do wonder if it was because
I hadn't drunk in quite some time. Anyway, it made me feel
that miserable I won't be having any again soon.

I had the same problem with a dry white wine (a Kiwi
Sauvignon) a few weeks ago also.  I now give myself more
insulin if I am going to be having white wine (a unit to unit
and a half more usually) even though the CHO value should be
negligible.  Red wine does not have the same effect on me.
Don't give up try a bit more insulin (it could also have been
a one off).

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader