RE: [IPk] Re: Dosing for protein and fats

>I had not come across this before and it might explain my
"Linda McCartney Chilli phenomena" when I always need more
insulin than suggested by the CHO on the box.

Hi Bev -

I'd say Linda McCartney's chillie would definitely give you this phenomenon!
I wonder how many people have 'unexplainable' post-meal highs that are
actually explained by a high protein content? I think this could happen to a
lot of people after eating any kind of chilli, meat or vegetarian, because
beans are themselves high in protein, and of course meat is all protein and
fat, so you could easily have 30 or 40g of protein in a meal, which could
easily be a unit or two of insulin.