[IPk] Re: Dosing for protein and fats

I had not come across this before and it might explain my
"Linda McCartney Chilli phenomena" when I always need more
insulin than suggested by the CHO on the box.  One other
thought, if Sasha is going low could it not be an
auto-response to the low that is sending her high?  When I
was on a pen and had highs in the morning it was always
difficult to work out whether this was as a result of a
night-time hypo or a requirement for more insulatard.  I had
to set the alarm and monitor it through the night.  If it is
a response to too low a blood sugar after eating it may that
less actrapid will solve the problem.  How low does Sasha go
after eating?

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader