Re: [IPk] NICE

Jackie -

I don't know whether to be alarmed or thankful for the innocence of my
childhood diabetes... (diagnosed aged 11 in 1977). Twice daily injection.
No blood testing. Regular meals. I survived.

But I really sympathise with parents today who are required to remotely
control their child's diabetes. It sounds horrendous. It's not your fault
your child got diabetes, since it was beyond your control, but if at the
age of 18 your daugther gets severe retinopathy, will that be your fault
for not being stricter with her earlier? A terrible burden for you to

mailto:email @ redacted