Re: [IPk] Re:NICE

>He told me that all the studies
>showed that good hba1c's was the key and that fluctuating
>blood sugars didn't matter.  I don't believe this.

I don't believe that either. You'd have to be a fool to believe it. HbA1c's
are convenient as they are cheap and easy, can be measured historically,
and don't require patient compliance. They tell the truth. But they only
tell half the story - the other half is the number of hypos you have. And I
know of no clinical test for that, except the number of times you show up
in A&E - but that represents only a tiny proportion of hypos for most

>In short I think that you can manage with a pen adjusting
>your dose with what you eat and I think a lot of people do
>that but I have found that as your circumstances change (2
>small kids + full time demanding job) it is too often not
>good enough.

Precisely. In theory a nice idea; in practice often just doesn't work...

mailto:email @ redacted