Re: [IPk] NICE and life expectancy

>I always believed it was 15 on average, but don't know how  much it is
>affected by "good " rather than bad or mediocre control, and other risk

I believe it is affected *a lot* by how well controlled your diabetes is -
that was what DCCT and other trials seemed to show. A doctor-friend with
diabetes told me that with well controlled diabetes, your life expectancy
is not reduced at all - in fact it may be increased since you also enjoy
the benefit of a good diet and regular exercise, which the normal
population may not enjoy. And you take better care of yourself. But badly
controlled diabetes may knock some years off your life expectancy.

Ultimately, we can only do our best given what we have and who we are.

mailto:email @ redacted