[IPk] IWhole Blood vs Plasma (was accutrend)

In message <email @ redacted>, Ingrid Morrow
<email @ redacted> writes
>Sorry Pat I am confoosed now!
>So should I select Plasma or Whole Blood????
You should select plasma if you have a plasma meter, and whole blood if
you have a whole blood meter.

I find, buried deep in the book, the information that the pocket scan is
calibrated to plasma.

The difference between plasma and whole blood, like the difference
between mmol/l and mg/dl, is just a matter of knowing which numbers you
are playing the game with.  The hypo limit on whole blood, which many of
us use, for example is
4 mmol/l whole blood,
72 mgdl whole blood
4.5 mmol/l plasma
81 mg/dl plasma
(I think -  not having either of the conversion tables to hand, and
shaky maths - anyone got a handy w-b to plasma conversion chart - the
only one I could find on the web was a mg/dL one, not a mmol/l one).

This explains why I've been feeling hypo, testing, finding myself in the
low 4s, not treating, and then getting a rebound.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 4months+, thinking she's higher than she is for two months -

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)