Re: [IPk] Fundraising Flyer

>I've just had a flier from the US pumpers organisation for funding.
>Could you explain the setup for the benefit of us newbies (i.e.,
>relationship of insulin-pumpers.org.uk and insulin-pumpers.org, who funds
>what and how).
>Not a problem and quite willing to donate etc. but it's useful to be clear.

Julian -

Sorry to be so slow replying.

Insulin Pumpers UK is totally free to use and operates as part of Insulin
Pumpers (our US sister organisation).

We do have costs which must be met. The pump companies pay us a bit, but
they are limited (by US law) as to how much they can give. That is why we
also invite members of our groups to make voluntary contributions from time
to time - but this is entirely voluntary.

What does the money get spent on? Office space in the US, computers and
internet connections to send out 1000's of emails a day, and to run our
websites. We can't use free organisations like Yahoo as we may lose legal
ownership of the emails in our archives. Michael Robinton is also paid a
(small) salary for running Insulin Pumpers. I get paid nothing :-(

You can make a credit card donation at

or you can make a tax efficient donation via the UK's Charities Aid
Foundation at

http://www.givingtoday.org Our reference number is 2139

Hope that answers your questions. If not, do say so.

John Neale
Insulin Pumpers UK administrator

mailto:email @ redacted