Re: [IPk] Is my Accutrend past its best?

Hi Pat

I think you will find the Lifescan PocketScan meter is (pseudo) plasma
calibrated, as it is a US meter.

In the US there has been a move to use plasma calibrated meters, as it is
argued the readings will tie up more closely with those from the lab. Which
means that it gets confusing when talking about BG readings as some will be
whole blood and others will be plasma calibrated.

>By the way - got my pocket scan to talk to my computer (finally)
>yesterday, to get some wierd errors that I'm going to call them about.
>Mostly non-worrying errors (like, the meter thinks it is 2006), but one
>worrying error is that meter thinks it is plasma-calibrated rather than
>whole-blood calibrated.
>Best wishes to all,
>Dm30+, 508 4months+

Diabetes Insight