[IPk] early mornings and BG levels

I've come to the conclusion that getting up really early completely screws up
my control.
I have quite  a strong dawn phenomenon (usually I increase my basal from 1.0
to 1.3 from 3-8am, and then to 1.4 from 8-11am, though that varies a lot).
Normally I get up between 7 and 9, and everything's fine.
But when I get up between 4 and 7am, everything's fine till about 9am, and tehn
my BG shoots through the roof. At first i just thought it was because if I get
up that early, I'm usually doing something exciting, involving catching
trains/planes etc. so i thought that might be the cause.
But even when I'm just getting up and going to work (if I happen to wake up at
say 5, I'll get up and go to work if I can't get back to sleep), things still
go out of control. I woke up at 4 this morning - BG a nice 7, decided at 5 that
I wasn't going back to sleep, so I got up, had breakfast and got to work by 6.
BG at about 6.30 was 7.3. Just tested again at 9am and it's 13!

I guess this just proves my long-held belief that mornings are just weird and
unpredictable, and the more unusual things you do in the morning, the more
likely any semblance of control flies out of the window.