Re: [IPk] Still struggling with exercise

Hi Jenny
I think there a number of problems herre, which is compounding the issue.

(1) exercising first thing in the morning can do strange things to your BG -
especially if you have Dawn syndrome

(2) exercising when your BG is quite high (like 15) can also do strange things.

(3) exercising when you have recently bolused can drop your BG like a stone
(for me, anyway).

If your class is at 9.30 then there's not much you can do about (1) except be
aware of it.
if your BG was 15 an hour after breakfast, something's not right there, so you
might want to address that problem.
 I think the main problem however is (3).  take a smaller bolus with your
breakfast and your BG will probably be even higher before you start. Not good.
Same for disconnecting sooner. What I would try and do is to eat breakfast
either closer to your exercise, which might mean you could not take any insulin
for it, but not disconnect either. Or, eat breakfast earlier, so that your
bolus is out of your system before you exercise - but that's probably not a
viable option. Or don't eat breakfast at all till after the exercise, and just
disconnect say an hour before.

I would try eating breakfast about 30 mins before you exercise (you might
need to take it with you) and disconnect when you start your breakfast. You also
don't say when you reconnected, but I  would reconnect either as you start the
exercise or about halfway through.

hope that helps - let us know how you get on
Di