[IPk] Disetronic webchat last night

It looked like an interesting chat last night.

I am on a months trial at Guy's Hospital and was offered
either a Minimed or a Disetronic.  I was put off the
Disetronic however by the fact that you had a needle under
the skin (rather than a tube with the 508) and I felt it
might be more uncomfortable particularly when exercising and
also the fact that you had to send it back every two years
for servicing (at more cost).

As for the vaccination issue.  I had every vaccination on
offer as a child but actually developed diabetes after
catching chickenpox.  I don't know if there is a conection.
I remain the only diabetic in my family.

My son has been vaccinated but not my daughter (at least not
the MMR) as she had had chicken pox (twice) and measles
before the age of one and so i didn't see the point.  She can
have ruebella when she is older.

I hope to join in the Minimed chatroom.  Can I log-on from
home John with a different e-mail address, as long as I quote
my work e-mail address (the one I am registered with) when I

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader
BG Group