[IPk] Cannulars

Hi everyone,
Just wanted some advice regarding Cannulars please.  My problem is the length of time they last, which on average seems to be 1- 2 days.  I think I have only managed to do the 3 days twice.  Frequently I need to change them because of blood in the tube.  Tonite being a good example.  Blood sugars shot up to 18, checked the cannular and blood was seeping up the tube.  I also find this happens a lot after I have had a shower.  (i tend to disconnect the pump for a shower and use the clear plastic gadget to seal the cannulars site.)  Is this a common problem or is it just me?
I am also still battling to get good blood sugar control, and feel continually frustrated that i'm still not geting there.