Re: [IPk] carb counting

----- Original Message -----
From: John Neale <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 9:41 AM
Subject: RE: [IPk] carb counting

> testing.

> I'm not a heavy drinker, but I do drink regularly. It's part of our diet
> here. Bottle of wine (between 2) with dinner, perhaps 2 or 3 times a week.
> Or a bottle of beer with my lunch. I don't bolus for the dry red and white
> wines that I like. But I do bolus for the Pils beers. I also enjoy whisky,
> and I find in moderation that doesn't affect my bg.
>
> >--
> mailto:email @ redacted
> http://www.webshowcase.net/johnneale

I always believed that pils were the "diabetic" beers i.e. very low sugar
beers that we were traditionally advised to avoid because of the low
sugar=high alcohol=hypo business. A bit silly really as no one said avoid
budweiser for example, which, I believe contains a similar amount of alcohol
(perhaps I'm wrong), and presumabley because of the CHO and high alcohol
could lead initially to a high BG followed by a hypo later
I started drinking pils recently because of the supposedly low CHO ( I had a
couple of highs recently after drinking ordinary lager but these may well
have been related to changing basal requirements and inactivity) I haven't
got alcohol down to a fine art yet so it looks like I'll have to party more
and experiment (strictly in the name of science of course)
Abigail