RE: [IPk] carb counting

>Just checked out this site, a few of the berries are slightly different
>from our composition of food tables - I haven't checked out the other
>food. International food availability may make this a useful tool for
>some foods. The UK (as I am aware) has nothing like this here. Thanks,
>Jules :)

This demonstrates that for a lot of fresh foods, you cannot accurately
define the nutritional content - particularly carbohydrate. No database can
know how sweet the blueberries are that Di has picked up in the
marketplace. Only Di can taste the berries and find out. Likewise, as
bananas ripen in your fruitbowl, the amount of available carbohydrate

But Mr Kipling at the fruit pie factory will measure the sweetness of his
blueberries, and add sugar to maintain the consistency of his exceedingly
good pies. So he can print the nutritional value on the packet. But we
cannot know the nutritional value of the berries we've bought in the shop.

mailto:email @ redacted