RE: [IPk] carb counting

Dear Di, I guess this should be addressed personally,
I did feel your response was a bit aggressive...I am sorry if my
original bit sounded condescending - it wasn't meant to be.  You may
forget...I am coming from a health professional background whereby I see
many patients who for one reason or another...are unable to calculate
carbs correctly from labels, despite having diabetes for many years... I
have learnt not to always take what is said as what is actually
happening all the time. I made the point because I was aiming to
basically outline common probable reasons for the carb not being the
same as what the label says, not just specific advice to you. I know I
too have questioned food labels, but overall have assumed that
governments here spend a lot of money having people regulate food labels
etc.. to determine what the label says is in the product, whether it be
per 100g or serve etc... should be in it.

ps: Berries in general are between 4 and 6g/100g when raw.

Hope this clears the air...
: )