RE: [IPk] carb counting

John wrote:

I'm not a heavy drinker, but I do drink regularly. It's part of our diet
here. Bottle of wine (between 2) with dinner, perhaps 2 or 3 times a week.
Or a bottle of beer with my lunch. I don't bolus for the dry red and white
wines that I like. But I do bolus for the Pils beers. I also enjoy whisky,
and I find in moderation that doesn't affect my bg.

If I'm drinking, I have to have a) a normal blood sugar and b) meal insulin
working in my system before I can drink.  Otherwise, my BGs go through the
roof immediately, and I get drunk almost on the first sip.

Alcohol is something that has to be dealt with inidiviudally.  I don't
think there are rules for it!  I know that, strictly speaking, it's
insanity to bolus before drinking.  But my experience is that I have to!