RE: [IPk] carb counting

>I tend to agree Di. But I had a curious experience last year with the
>infamous large filled roll. I eyed it, and reckoned 2.5 units of insulin.
>Then, while eating it, I read the label, and saw it claimed to contain
>something like 70g carbohydrate! 70/15 is about 4.5 units of insulin. So I
>took the extra 2 units, and 2 hours later my bg was perfect.
>So maybe, just maybe, the label could be even more correct than my
>intuition :-)

I've had that experience too! It works both ways.
 If the label has a higher value than I would expect, I tend to believe it,
because who knows what bizarre things they might be putting in it with
carbs in!
If it has a lower value than I expect, and I can clearly "see" the carbs,
then I trust my own judgement!
 Usually works