RE: [IPk] carb counting

>I would agree with Julette that it could be very dangerous to put the carb
>content on alcohol. it seems to be something that varies a lot from person
>to person. For example, both beer and wine have carbs in, but I count some
>of the carbs in beer (depending on what type it is) and none of the carbs in
>wine. And if I drink a lot, I lower my basal from the early hours of the
>morning until lunchtime. At least, if I remember to :-)
>I think it's much better to test the effect of different alcohols and
>adjust your insulin accordingly.

I don't understand you, Di.

If I drink a glass dry white wine with my dinner, that may or may not
affect my subsequent bg. But if I drink sweet wine instead, how does my
digestive system know whether the sugar in it came from the wine, or from
my dessert? Surely I need to know how much extra carb I've added to my
digestive system, just the same as if I'd been drinking orange juice.

mailto:email @ redacted