RE: [IPk] carb counting

>Sandwiches in particular. For example, I've had a sandwich with normal
>bread (2 normal slices) plus something like hummus (which has a fair few
>carbs in) and it's claimed to be 19g carb.  There's no way the bread alone
>would be that little. I tend to check the label, but if it seems odd, I go
>by intuition, which usually turns out to be more accurate.

I tend to agree Di. But I had a curious experience last year with the
infamous large filled roll. I eyed it, and reckoned 2.5 units of insulin.
Then, while eating it, I read the label, and saw it claimed to contain
something like 70g carbohydrate! 70/15 is about 4.5 units of insulin. So I
took the extra 2 units, and 2 hours later my bg was perfect.

So maybe, just maybe, the label could be even more correct than my
intuition :-)

mailto:email @ redacted