RE: [IPk] carb counting

>> But it's better than nothing!  (I still want them to put the CHO on
>> alcoholic drinks).
>> Pat Reynolds

I would agree with Julette that it could be very dangerous to put the carb
content on alcohol. it seems to be something that varies a lot from person
to person. For example, both beer and wine have carbs in, but I count some
of the carbs in beer (depending on what type it is) and none of the carbs in
wine. And if I drink a lot, I lower my basal from the early hours of the
morning until lunchtime. At least, if I remember to :-)
I think it's much better to test the effect of different alcohols and
adjust your insulin accordingly.