RE: [IPk] carb counting

	Dear Pat, I would never count the carbs in alcoholic drinks,
simply because alcohol itself can make your BGL drop even the next day.
Unless you have exactly the same alcohol, and same activity, same meal
and you know exactly how it affects you, I would never recommend someone
bolus. I have had people say even seasonal variation in one class of
wine can affect them differently.

	I have some carbohydrate amounts on alcoholic drinks already but
people have found the above far more relevant. I would probably
recommend giving a correction bolus at lunch the next day (unless of
course your BGL are super high)...
	Jules :)

> But it's better than nothing!  (I still want them to put the CHO on
> alcoholic drinks).
> Pat Reynolds
	[Julette Kentish]
Julette Kentish
Diabetes Research Dietitian
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Castle Lane East - Bournemouth DORSET BH7 7DW
ph: 01202 704929