Re: [IPk] carb counting

In message <l03130302b5c4919f366e@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>>Have others had experience of values on food labels being wildly out.
>Anyone know what the legal requirements are for the accuracy of nutritional
>values on food label? Since they give them to 1 decimal place, you're
>inclined to think that is how accurate it is. But I bet it's nothing like
I heard it on the radio once (You and Yours, probably), and it was
something horrific like 15%.  Something you can understand when you are
talking about, say, 'an apple', but which is completely unacceptable for
shops own-brand baked beans.

But it's better than nothing!  (I still want them to put the CHO on
alcoholic drinks).

Best wishes to all,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)