Re: [IPk] slightly disappointing result

>  I went to clinic today, after 3 months of pumping, HbA1c had only come down by1.2% ( 9.6 to 8.4) d
espite the fact that I am getting far more readings in the normal range.

Hi Abigail
Hey, that's brilliant. You should be really pleased!
I think it is better to do these things gradually.
My first HbA1c came down by about 0.8 when I started the pump, and my doc
was over the moon, and he had been a little sceptical that it would
improve things. I too had wanted to astound him and all the sceptics out
there with a huge drop, but it wasn't necessary to prove my point. Same
thign when I switched to a new clinic and had to prove my point all over
again to warrant funding. A 1% drop is actually quite a huge difference.

The HbA1c  reflects the last 2-3 months, I believe, but it is also
apparently biased in favour of the most recent BG levels. So you can
probably discount the 1st month, and the last month has more influence than
the previous one.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds like you're doing really well. And if you don't ask, you'll never
know, so keep asking the questions!