RE: [IPk] slightly disappointing result

Your hbA1C generally reflects the last 6-8 weeks of blood, despite red
blood cell life of 120 days (3 months). Definitely not 6 months because
RBC don't last that long.

Your result is excellent, you probably wouldn't want huge decreases in
HbA1C immediately. You should be proud, most of the first few months is
trial and error - finding out about your body needs, plus suppose you
were having frequent hypos and hypers before - the hba1c may appear
similar to that of continuous "good" readings. If you feel your quality
of life has improved, AND your HbA1C has dropped, you should be

Pat yourself on the back!

Hope that helps,

Julette :)

Julette Kentish
Diabetes Research Dietitian
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Castle Lane East - Bournemouth DORSET BH7 7DW
ph: 01202 704929
email @ redacted