[IPk] re: sleeping with pump

After various trials I found that the best way for me to sleep with the
pump relies irreplaceably on the ThighPouch. For the uninitiated this is a
genuine MiniMed accessory - a soft pouch on an adjustable garter allowing
the pump to be strapped around the thigh ...  alternatively it could be
referred to as  the"thigh-thingie"  if this didn't rhyme with "kinky" ...
which I guess it is, a bit ...  err, enough said on that front.

I'm a genuine "roll-over" sleeper - I sleep on my back, front and side in
no particular order and change position very frequently during the night.
That's why I love the Thighpouch: I strap it with the pouch on the inside
of the thigh, and ... bingo! I can roll over as much and as often as I like
because the pump rolls over with me, safely and securely. Really, in this
way the nightime is the only time when I'm *completely* unaware of the
pump. Quite pricey at  ten quid or so (? but please check if interested) ,
but I guess that  anyone with a sewing machine could make their own. As a
really cheap alternative, why not try strapping a soft fabric belt or
similar  round the thigh and clipping the pump to it?

Incidentally, sometimes I use the thigh pouch during the day as well -
great for cycling in shorts or formal wear (as long as the trousers are on
the  wide-fitting side).  Under wide-fitting trousers I sometimes strap the
thigh thing around the waist, although this probably wouldn't work with a
waistsize above 32-34. If anyone is interested in a few more tips on
how/where to keep the pump in particular situations, boating, hot weather
etc., please ask. -  (I even dived with the pump attached ... ssshhh or
I'll probably get my wrists slapped ... well it was inside the Sportsguard
of course).