[IPk] Giving Up (well, not yet awhile)

Dear All,

Many, many thanks for your supportive messages.  I think that the
combination of extra work at work (fascinating though being on the Best
Value review team for Equalities is), combined with an approaching
deadline for the first chapter of my research and a nagging ear
infection made the letter the last straw. Partly because I don't like
upsetting people. Blowing them up with high explosives, yes, upsetting
them, no!

Best wishes to all,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)