Re: [IPk] Stuck in Banbury?

In message <email @ redacted>, Peter Jennings
<email @ redacted> writes
>> Guys/Thomas (where I am now) no longer has any pumpers.
>> I have been reliably informed that the Royal Free has over Five!!!
>Hello Pat,
>I just moved to Banbury and saw a G.P. here.  I am waiting for an
>appointment at the hosptial.  I was thinking that if my Endo doesn't know
>much about pumps I will look to switch.  Can't you start going to the Royal
>Free for your diabetes care?
I could, but.  First off, I am reluctant to leave St. Thomas', where,
for the first time in 15 years I have an Endo who _listens_!

More importantly, it's not up to me (or you, or any diabetic) as to
which Endo/Hospital they go to: it's up to the GP. And I had a bit of an
argument with my GP to keep at St. Thomas', when I moved to him (he
can't see why I can't go to my local hospital at Frimley Park.

So, even if _you_ decide that the Royal Free is the place for you, and
that you can afford the pump - that doesn't mean your GP will agree to
send you there!  You may have to pay for a private consultation, as well
as the equipment.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)