[IPk] URGENT travel insurance

Some of you may know that I'm going to Canada in October for my Gap Year.

I've just discovered that I can't take out BUNAC's (the gap year programme)
travel insurance because it doesn't cover belongings worth over 2000 which
is what 2 pumps are worth. The BDA have given me their insurance companies
name (Europe Assistance) which covers me and the pump for 1 year AND
employment in USA and Canada AND hazardous activities such as skiing and

Can anyone recommend any other travel insurance company?

I will not be covered for repeat prescription charges for insulin so I'll
have to take at least 9 months worth with me or pay for it while I'm there.
Does anyone have any alternative advice regarding this?

I really hope that someone can help me. Please email me
email @ redacted

Cheers, Eleanor