Re: [IPk] New Pump Centres

> Is it just me, or have I just been really, really unlucky in my 30 years
> of DM?  I have never been given any sensible advice by a doctor on dose
> selection.  That is, I have been given basic, sensible advice, which I
> knew anyway, or advice which is wrong (either wrong for me, or plain
> wrong).

Pat,No, I don't beleive you have been really unlucky in your 30 years of DM,
actually I believe your experience is very typical sadly enough. I spent fifteen
years getting no sensible advice on dose selection by a doctor or even helpful
advice just the grating impression that all my problems were basically my own
fault. I got very tired of the bad blood sugars, bad person ethos of clinics. Now
I have a diabetologist who has a similar research interest as  me  and we spend
my appointment discussing research and my diabetes nurse (who is brutally
competent) deals with any dosage questions. When I was on injections my diabetes
nurse was always complaining that I was adjusting and altering my insulin too
much in order to get some semblance of control. Now that I am on the pump my
possibilities are infinitely tweakable and it is positively encouraged to adjust
things until you get them right. The thing I like the most so far about the pump
is the feeling of being in control even when things are tricky. I say stick to
your guns and give it  a whirl !
Good luck
Moira