Re: [IPk] Pumps and the BDA

> Moira - let us know how we can create more pump awareness through the BDA.
> John
> Dear John,

The reason I wanted to know if all or most pumpers are BDA members is because I
would love to arrange something for the Voluntary Groups Conference in Blackpool in
Feb.  For anyone who doesn't know, the BDA has a conference once a year which BDA
branches are invited to send two delegates. Area-coordinators like myself all
attend as well. The branch delegates have only to pay their travel costs and these
are usually met the branch. All the other costs are paid by the BDA. At the VGS
conference members are treated to a whole host of parallel sessions and speakers on
various topics to do with diabetes. Parallel sessions are smaller and there is more
chance to participate in discussion. We have had speakers on all topics including
diet, footcare, physchology of diabetes, research, drugs etc. There are also
display stands and quite often glucose meter companies or suchlike have a stand and
demonstrate. Wouldn't it be a good idea for Disetronic and MiniMed to have a stand
at the next conference and what about a parallel session about pumps and people can
see and hear for themselves what it involves. Delegates go back to their branches
and tell the other members about the conference and that would help to spread the
word. We could also possibly have a panel discussion between doctors/nurses and
pumpers to air the pros and cons. There are lots of possibilities and I would be
more than happy to meet with the organising committee to arrrange something if
other pumpers are willing or able to come along in Feb.  Any feedback very welcome.