Re: [IPk] to pump or not to pump

In message <009301bee58d$f8fc8240$email @ redacted>, estelle lucas
<email @ redacted> writes
>Well, it is a big decision, especially in view of the fact that you
>>may get little practical support (compared with, say, people in the US or
>much of
>>the rest of Europe)
>Hi Di
>I'm just curious as to what you mean by practical support.  Do you mean from
>Becky's own medical team?  I can't speak for Minimed but we provide full
>ongoing support via Rita and we fully advocate the involvement of the
>patients medical team in the event of training, etc, , even if we have to
>drag them kicking and screaming....:-)
I think Di was perfectly clear, and correct.

I do not doubt that you 'fully advocate', and 'drag kicking and
screaming': but as a potential pumper, I like Di, remain convinced that
even with someone already pumping, with a manufacturer acting as
advocate, the diabetes team at Borsetshire General Hospital are at best
going to view a pumper as someone they can't help, and at worst, someone
to blacklist.

In fact, the main thing, I think, which is holding me back is the fear
that my consultant (the first in nearly 20 years who has actually
listened properly) will suggest that I leave his clinic.

Could you post a list of those clinics where you have not only dragged
the horses to water, but have evidence of them drinking?
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)