Re: [IPk] to pump or not to pump

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
I wasn't making generalisations - that's why I said you "may" get
little support. Since Becky will be in a very similar position to me
when I started on the pump.
I had to do everything myself - from setting my basals to learning how
to prime the pump.
besides, I didn't mean so much support from the pump companies - more
from the medical team.
They're learning as much as we are at most clinics (certainly at mine,
which is the same as Becky's).
> Did you not have anyone you could ring to talk you through this or are you
> totally self taught?

More or less totally self-taught.
Though I had the help of the people on this list, who were all
great. John N was in Manchester at the time and John D was at the end
of a phone line.
but to be honest, I think most of the problems you encounter are ones
you need to solve yourself. My major problems were with correctly
priming the pump, which was fine once someone had explained how to do
it, and more importantly, why you have to do it a certain wayl and air
bubbles, because I can't see them due to my lack of sight.