Re: [IPk] to pump or not to pump

Well, it is a big decision, especially in view of the fact that you
>may get little practical support (compared with, say, people in the US or
much of
>the rest of Europe)

Hi Di

I'm just curious as to what you mean by practical support.  Do you mean from
Becky's own medical team?  I can't speak for Minimed but we provide full
ongoing support via Rita and we fully advocate the involvement of the
patients medical team in the event of training, etc, , even if we have to
drag them kicking and screaming....:-)

Sorry to be awkward, but I don't think you should make generalisations about
the after care until you know what the set up is going to be.

Even though I did have quite a few problems initially, I never once
>thought about returning to injections. Not even when my BG had been at
>25 mmol/l for 12 hours!

Did you not have anyone you could ring to talk you through this or are you
totally self taught?

I think
>Minimed will loan you a pump to see if you like it, before you make
>the decision. So, you really have nothing to lose by trying it.

Disetronic also loan pumps for a trial period so that the patient can
evaluate whether it's right for them.

Kind regards