Re: [IPk] basal rates

>A year ago Eleanor s basal rates varied between 0.9 and 1.3, with a distinct
>dawn and dusk phenomenon, they are now varying less, with the dusk ones
>gone, something to do with the summer and different light levels maybe.

Things change all the time in adolescence, as the body sets a up whole new
rhythm of hormones, which in turn affects insulin resistance.

Think back to the bad old days, when doctors avowed intent during
adolescence was just to keep the child alive, and wait until they hit 20
and settled down before looking for good control. Appalling isn't it. Many
still pursue this strategy. And in the meantime eye and kidney damage can
already have started. I think it's fantastic that we now have the tools to
seek good control during these difficult years.

mailto:email @ redacted