Re: [IPk] T1 US -v- UK

><<<Didn't you know? "Type 1 diabetes" in the US is an entirely different
>condition from a similarly sounding condition "type 1 diabetes" commonly
>found in Britain. >>>
>Now this has me puzzled, I am IDDM ie. my pancreas doesn't work any more,
>how does the definition of this change from one side of the Atlantic to

Paul - I do apologise :-) You seem to have adopted that American
straight-talking earnestness much more rapidly than I had thought. I was of
course being ironic - a very British trait!

Type 1 diabetes is the identical thing the world over. It just confuses me
why every country takes a different approach to treating it. The
differences are so great that you would almost think they were different
conditions - which they're not...

mailto:email @ redacted