Re: [IPk] What they don't tell you

Moira, I really think that's the key to the pump (and why so many
people don't realise what it's all about). It is a *tool* not a magic
solution! Use it right and you can achieve marvellous things. If you neglect
its full potential, well, it only does what you tell it to.....
It's a bit like using a new shiny mega multimedia PC just for word
processing. Sure, you can use pumps that way too, but you're wasting
their potential. Smae way as a computer, play around with things and
see what happens. Try experimenting with square wave and dual
boluses. You'd never think of trying to simulate a aquare wave on MDI,
but I've found it really helps with most meals unless they're pure
fast carbs.

Quite a few people use Actrapid/Velosulin in pumps for various
reasons, so you're not alone. Personally I like the fast action of
Humlog, but not everyone does.

Di