Re: [IPk] Carb Book

Yes, it's one of my main problems.
But eating 4-5 hours before going to bed is not very practical. I
almost never eat before 8pm - have never done - and often it's much
later - and I try and get to bed before midnight. The thing is, I
can't figure out why it should be a problem unless for some reason
mealtime insulin is less effective when you're asleep. I know someone
who is convinced that her mealtime insulin is exactly half as
effective when she's asleep. It makes sense to me, as it really makes
a huge difference to my post-meal BG what I'm doing directly after I
eat. So maybe I need to set a temporary increase in basal rate for a
couple of hours after I go to bed, if it's within a coupel of hours of
eating?
Di