Re: [IPk] Carb Book

I guess I'm quite lucky with my carb counting as ,y guesses are
usually pretty good. However, I don't eat out that much, although I do
eat at friends quite a lot. At least that means that in a pinch I can
ask them to weigh the food or look at the packet for me.

I sometimes find that on labels, the carb content listed seems
extremely unlikely. I once had a sandwich (normal 2 slices of bread)
which claimed to be 20g of carb. Now I find that very hard to believe
since a normal slice of bread is aroun 15g. I have also seem labelling
where it doesn't add up - the amount listed per 100g and the amount
listed per pack don't match, so which do you believe?
usually I just go by gut feeling and get away with it though.

For example, today for lunch I had a French bread type sandwich with no indication of
carbs. I was in a hurry to get to a meeting and made a complete random
guess at 1.1 units bolus (supposed to be 1 unit but my finger slipped on
the button before I realised!) and an increase in my basal by 0.7 units for 2
hours. I couldn't be bothered even to work out what that would total.
BG before was 5.5
BG 2 hours later was 5.7
Now that's what I call good guesswork!
OK, you may say it's jsut a lucky guess. but that seems to happen all
the time.

However, it would be nice to actually do it properly!