Re: [IPk] Any feelings about change from Animas Vibe to Medtronic 640G ?

Hi Jon
I have never used Animas, always been with Medtronic. I agree with the
problems caused by suspending basal, either not necessary as I am about to
eat, or no use as I am being active and dropping too fast for it to be any
use. But you can turn off alerts, change the snooze time before they repeat
- or even silence them temporarily for a few hours. And have your high and
low limits different during day/night etc

Also, though the Enlite needs a calibration every 12 hours min, there is no
restriction on doing it early to suit you - apparently they recommend 3-4
calibrations a day anyway. And if you don't calibrate in time, it just
loses the trace until you do, then picks up again.

I understand from a Medtronic rep there will soon be a 7 day Enlite sensor.
I usually recharge after 6 days and start it again as though it was a new
sensor. Sometimes lasts 12 days, sometimes not.

Barbara