[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]   Help@Insulin-Pumpers.org
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]   for subscribe/unsubscribe assistance
 
 

Re: [IPk] Roche Combo uk warrenty



Hi John

I take it this switching off after 4 years only applies to pumps which have 
been replaced under warranty.  I received my accu-chek combo 4 years ago and 
18 days short of 4 years later I got a warning to inform me my pump was out 
of warranty but it is still working.

Regards

Ralph
Type 1 30 years; Accu-chek combo user 4 years.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "johnfarmitage" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [IPk] Roche Combo uk warrenty


> Hi Sarah,
> I have always had good service from Roche up until now.
> I suppose they can only quote the company policy and it's this that I have 
> a
> problem with.
> Mine is in theory 4 years old and will switch off in 38 days time because
> that's when the original one's warranty would have expired. If the that 
> hadn't
> developed a fault I would have been fine. Strange but true.
> No backup was offered 4 years ago.
>
>
>
> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Sarah Haywood <email @ redacted>
> Date:
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IPk] Roche Combo uk warrenty
>
> I got a back up pump with my original spirit pump 6 years ago.
> I have never had to use it - never had a pump go wrong yet. I have always
> found
> Roche to have excellent customer care.
> Sarah.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Helene Shaw <email @ redacted>
> Sender: email @ redacted
> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:18:54
> To: email @ redacted<email @ redacted>
> Reply-To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IPk] Roche Combo uk warrenty
>
> I got mine in December so maybe it's a new thing.
>
> Helene
>
> No Helen.
>
>
> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Helene Shaw <email @ redacted>
> Date:
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IPk] Roche Combo uk warrenty
>
> I have a back up pump with my accu chek combo. Apparently it has 30 days 
> of
> use in it. Not necessarily continuous use. But everyday it is on is one 
> day
> off the 30. Didn't you get one with your main pump?
> Helene
>
>
> Please be aware of "Company policy" regarding pumps replaced under 
> warranty
> in
> the UK.
> Because my Combo was replaced under warranty 2 years ago, the replacement 
> has
> a
> timer set that kills it on the expiry of the original warranty. This has
> robbed
> me of a backup pump, and Roche say they will only help if I purchase a 
> backup
> pump at 600 pounds. Great customer service. Goodbye Roche, hello Animas.
>
>
> Sent from Samsung Mobile
> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
>
> Sent from Helene's iPad
>
>> On 11 Apr 2014, at 15:28, "johnfarmitage" <email @ redacted>
> wrote:
>>
>> Please be aware of "Company policy" regarding pumps replaced under 
>> warranty
> in
>> the UK.
>> Because my Combo was replaced under warranty 2 years ago, the replacement
> has a
>> timer set that kills it on the expiry of the original warranty. This has
> robbed
>> me of a backup pump, and Roche say they will only help if I purchase a
> backup
>> pump at 600 pounds. Great customer service. Goodbye Roche, hello Animas.
>>
>>
>> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>> .
>> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
>> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
>
> Sent from Helene's iPad
>
>> On 11 Apr 2014, at 18:01, "johnfarmitage" <email @ redacted>
> wrote:
>>
>> No Helen.
>>
>>
>> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>>
>> -------- Original message --------
>> From: Helene Shaw <email @ redacted>
>> Date:
>> To: email @ redacted
>> Subject: Re: [IPk] Roche Combo uk warrenty
>>
>> I have a back up pump with my accu chek combo. Apparently it has 30 days 
>> of
>> use in it. Not necessarily continuous use. But everyday it is on is one 
>> day
>> off the 30. Didn't you get one with your main pump?
>> Helene
>>
>>
>> Please be aware of "Company policy" regarding pumps replaced under 
>> warranty
>> in
>> the UK.
>> Because my Combo was replaced under warranty 2 years ago, the replacement
> has
>> a
>> timer set that kills it on the expiry of the original warranty. This has
>> robbed
>> me of a backup pump, and Roche say they will only help if I purchase a
> backup
>> pump at 600 pounds. Great customer service. Goodbye Roche, hello Animas.
>>
>>
>> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
>> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
>>
>> Sent from Helene's iPad
>>
>>>> On 11 Apr 2014, at 15:28, "johnfarmitage" <email @ redacted>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please be aware of "Company policy" regarding pumps replaced under
> warranty
>> in
>>> the UK.
>>> Because my Combo was replaced under warranty 2 years ago, the 
>>> replacement
>> has a
>>> timer set that kills it on the expiry of the original warranty. This has
>> robbed
>>> me of a backup pump, and Roche say they will only help if I purchase a
>> backup
>>> pump at 600 pounds. Great customer service. Goodbye Roche, hello Animas.
>>>
>>>
>>> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>>> .
>>> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
>>> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
>> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
>> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
>> .
>> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
>> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org
> .
> Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at http://type1.org 
.
----------------------------------------------------------
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,
contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org