Re: [IPk] Cardiac autonomic disease

Hi Christine

I took part in some research this week and one of the tests they did was (I
think) a test for cardiac autonomic neuropathy. It involved having sticky
pads on my chest to monitor my breathing and one on my rib cage to track
heart rate. I'm not sure if that's the exact test you're referring to.

The researcher said a normal response is to see a change in heart rate when
breathing in (I had to take some deep breaths and strain vs breathing
normally). It indicates the heart nerves are being triggered.

Siobhan